needy

One of the interesting things about Facebook is that it connects me to folks I haven't thought about in years. In recent months, I've connected with several old friends. As we play catch up, we find out each other's stories since we've seen each other last, and more often than not there is a sad story they tell.

One such story was a marriage, children, job changes, divorce, and drugs. My response was one of empathy. As I reflect on the circumstances of others, I see myself. We are all needy. And not marginally so. I'm so screwed up, and I feel so unworthy to serve my loving God.

A difference between those in the church and those without seems to be honesty. Can I talk about my struggles with those at church? What would happen if I did? Thankfully, there seems to be a movement in American Christianity towards a more honest kind of community of believers. Blogs and other technologies seem to be ways we put ourselves out there more publicly. Thank you, Lord, for the chance to be honest with myself and others. Thank you for accepting me as I am.

I hope God keeps me working with real people like those at FBC Philly. Not church people. Real people.

Comments

Pam Tucker said…
Aaron, my son, you never cease to amaze me with your honesty and your willingness to tell others how God is working in your life. I just want you to know how proud I am of you and your family and how proud I am to be your Mother. You are truly a blessing from God. Seeing you as an adult and letting God use you reminds me of this. I love you, son, and I hope you stay in Philly forever. I love how you are embracing technology and using it in your minstry. You are teaching your ole techie mom a few tricks! Keep up the good work!I just wanted the world to know how much I love you!
From Pam Tucker, your loving, sweet adorable Mother! :-)Ha!
KTElltt said…
You need to read The Prodigal God by Tim Keller. I think you'd enjoy it...

Popular posts from this blog

Optimistic Prophecy

It will get worse

A tribute to Liam Isaac Mooneyham (04/08/08 - 06/17/14)