I Need Africa More Than Africa Needs Me



Africa. I have wanted to experience it for quite some time now, and I'm not sure why. I think God has been preparing me for "such a time as this". I do know that He has clearly spoken to me and Marion from the beginning about the fact that He wants us there. And He has provided every step of the way.

First Baptist is taking a trip to Burkina Faso in west Africa. The trip will be during the week of Thanksgiving, and we are excited about what God will do in us and through us.

But we need your help. If you read these words, then I am asking you to pray. Prayer is what can make or break everything Christians do. I am convinced that churches who don't plan to pray will plan to fail. Prayer can bring drought and bring rain and can change anything.

Sometimes it even seems as if God is waiting to see how badly we desire Him as measured by our prayers. Why would so much depend on prayer? Blaise Pascal says God does it because He gives us the "dignity of causality." He wants us to be involved. How great is His mercy!

For the next two weeks, I will use this blog and a Facebook group to keep the needs of this trip before folks who want to pray for us. Hopefully there will pictures and maybe even a guest blogger or two. But don't misunderstand. Your part in this endeavor might mean the difference between an expensive fun church trip or a mighty movement of God among His people.

Daniel 2:20-22
Blessed be the name of God forever and ever,
to whom belong wisdom and might.
He changes times and seasons;
he removes kings and sets up kings;
he gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to those who have understanding;
he reveals deep and hidden things;
he knows what is in the darkness,
and the light dwells with him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Optimistic Prophecy

It will get worse

A tribute to Liam Isaac Mooneyham (04/08/08 - 06/17/14)